Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went whipping Thursday night. Took a 2 man limit between 10 & midnight.

Blue head w/ a pearl body on the plug, and a bleeding shad on the rap did all the damage.

If this keeps up I don't think that I will be going perch fishing till the hard water.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will try to go back out again on Saturday night..

The water temp I think was 52 degrees. I remember looking at it, and was shocked that it was still in the 50's.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Went whipping Thursday night. Took a 2 man limit between 10 & midnight.

Blue head w/ a pearl body on the plug, and a bleeding shad on the rap did all the damage.

If this keeps up I don't think that I will be going perch fishing till the hard water.

And Great Job on the Walters.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry all, I don't think that I know any of you.. And I personally don't discriminate, big or small they each get the same oppurtunity to see the buisness end of the fillet knife. :lol:

Went back out last night (Saturday 10-24). We put seven in the boat, but it was tough fishing. Lost a few fish, couple of mis strikes, and it was not the night to be missing any. Water was 50.9, and no set color patterns. The fish seemed more inclined to hit at the dead stick than they did during the whip.

If anyone is still fishing I hope this helps.

-Madman

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the report! I'm gonna head out of Marysville tonight, did decent with my brother last tuesday night. He got 4 on green plug with black dots. Weather seems decent good today, so I will let it ride tonight.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Madman7, Hoover and Bassmad2 were speaking of me... Crushed them on Wednesday also on blue and white. Fished not even 2 hours caught 8 lost 2 more...

Here is the pics..

Sorry all, I don't think that I know any of you.. And I personally don't discriminate, big or small they each get the same oppurtunity to see the buisness end of the fillet knife. :lol:

Went back out last night (Saturday 10-24). We put seven in the boat, but it was tough fishing. Lost a few fish, couple of mis strikes, and it was not the night to be missing any. Water was 50.9, and no set color patterns. The fish seemed more inclined to hit at the dead stick than they did during the whip.

If anyone is still fishing I hope this helps.

-Madman

·
Registered
693 Posts
Madman7, Hoover and Bassmad2 were speaking of me... Crushed them on Wednesday also on blue and white. Fished not even 2 hours caught 8 lost 2 more...

Here is the pics..

I was wondering if you were going to say something.
I'm thinking about going out Saturday, difinate maybe.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was wondering if you were going to say something.
I'm thinking about going out Saturday, difinate maybe.
Went out last night in Saint Clair and got my 6 in a little under 2 hours. Gotta love fall fishing with no one on the water. Only one freighter that left rollers for 20 minutes after he went by. :yikes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for keeping the thread up with additional info. Any bonus information that is shared is great, but just posting catch numbers is good enough for me.

Looks like I will be heading out Tuesday and Friday. I'll be sure to post the reports.

And good job on the fish all!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ya..I was teasing brian from a long time ago when jaimie posted a picture...Got my six quick once i got into the right spot the other night ,one on blue and white the rest were chrome.water was 52 degrees in the sni area.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Went out last night in Saint Clair and got my 6 in a little under 2 hours. Gotta love fall fishing with no one on the water. Only one freighter that left rollers for 20 minutes after he went by. :yikes:
Fall fishing is nice for sure.

Them freighters seem to kick it up a notch or two this time of year. Just be careful if you launch in Marysville. If one is in the area don't leave your boat unattended at the dock. I learned that the hard way Nov. 9, 2002. I went to get my truck and a downbound freight pulled all the water out of the ramp. My boat went down with the water and shifted under the edge of the dock and stayed there when the water came back in. This happened about 3 in the morning. It's not easy winching a boat full of water up on the trailer. A steady S.E. wind kept everything in the ramp area that floated out of the boat so I was able to net it all as it swirled by......

[/IMG]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whipping Thursday (10-27-09)..

Fished from 9 till a little after midnight only getting 2. I was planning on writing the trip off as a TOTAL BUST.... My buddy had already had his gear put away and I was just about to wrap it, when I put a nice 5lber in the boat. Needless to say we tagged the other 9 in an hour. He also caught a nice 6lber. The rest were a little bigger than what we have been catching.

I don't think that the colors really mattered, the fish just were not there for us till later. 10 of them did come on the same setup as earlier stated in the thread.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
went out again but this time i was bdb's partner and guest on his pleasure craft.was done buy 8 stayed till 11 with a tally of near thirty between two of us not a great nite but it was a good one.color didnt seem to matter but blue was in everything that caught fish.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts