Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Times Herald always lists it on top of page 2 (is the water intake temps, for each city).
I checked Sunday, said 63 (for St.Clair , middle of river) I checked Tue, and it said 61. So we have dropped 6-7 degrees in 1 week (river is usually 1-2 warmer than lake, depending on the city, warmer downstream).
This week, wont move as much with the warm coming back.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Times Herald always lists it on top of page 2 (is the water intake temps, for each city).
I checked Sunday, said 63 (for St.Clair , middle of river) I checked Tue, and it said 61. So we have dropped 6-7 degrees in 1 week (river is usually 1-2 warmer than lake, depending on the city, warmer downstream).
This week, wont move as much with the warm coming back.
That's a good drop for a week, hopefully that wakes the walleye up.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just curious what water temp are you all looking for. like low 50's fish start biting better or what?

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
55 has always been our Q to whip.
Yes fish get caught warmer than that but my best has been 55 and under espically in nov. We really kick ass that month for walleye.
Have a buddy that says once it hits 50 degrees its a 2 man limit in an hour whipping just about every time out till its too cold for him to fish. I know the last week in October and first week in November have been my best time casting from shore. Guess the moral to the story is the fishing is good now, better at 55 and best at 50 and below

·
Administrator
17,598 Posts
Jigging wise - do you see a return to spring patterns for walleye as far as depth and locations?
Hunting has been so unproductive that I might go back to fishing...
<----<<<

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jigging wise - do you see a return to spring patterns for walleye as far as depth and locations?
Hunting has been so unproductive that I might go back to fishing...
<----<<<
Should be about the same routine as spring, heard of someone getting a mess of them down by the campground in 40' of water last weekend. I'm sure it wouldn't take you long to find them Joe. You just need to find a morning/evening that the wind takes a break and get out there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts