Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals me and a buddy hit the water at 6am and the bite was pretty slow today and my buddy has never done any kind of trolling before so I was running all 4 rods myself and my buddy finally got the feel for the bottom about 1/2 wat thru the trip.. We ended up calling it a day at 9:30 am We ended our morning with 8 walleye and we lost another three which was a good day of fishing.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.Chrome beads with gold blade

2.gold beads with gold blade

I havent been able to get any on red or green latley.. I forgot to mention when the walleye were hiting this morning they were devoring the whole worm and hook down deep in there mouth.. That is why I was surprised that we lost three because there were inhaling the bait today.. Cya Slick

PS..My next outing will be on monday on my buddy Capt G's boat

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good job Slick, said hi to ya as you were parking your truck this morn, My son and I ended up with 8 also. Fish seemed to turn off around 9 or 9:30 this morning for us.

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
What, the magic Gulp didn't fill your tag! :p ;) Good job as usual Bret. I may actually get out tomorrow. Way too many things getting in my way lately but I hope I remember how to catch a few fish! :)

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gone Fishing said:
What, the magic Gulp didn't fill your tag! :p ;) Good job as usual Bret. I may actually get out tomorrow. Way too many things getting in my way lately but I hope I remember how to catch a few fish! :)
I have missed not seeing you and Pauls reports, you must be busy not to be out fishing, it did make it a lot tuffer on me today having a rookie on board.. I finally said you are going to have to run the two rods on your side of the boat and I will run my two because with the water depth changing you have to keep adjusting the rods to always be in the strike zone.. I am tired as all get out from fishing the last three days sunday I get to sleep in :woohoo1: :woohoo1: Cya Slick

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Houghton laker said:
Looks like one of my Mortar buckets!!:lol: :lol: Great job on the fish Slick!
Actually it was used for that a time or two:lol: Cya Slick

·
Registered
163 Posts
And I thought I wasn't adjusting the rods enough on Friday! I guess I'm happy that you only had to fuss with my side of the boat a couple of times and once was to real in a fish! :lol: Seriously though, Slick is right on with the rod adjusting, seems like more times than not, fussing with a rod helps trigger something with the fish. Thanks again for Fri!

·
Registered
79 Posts
great job slick.
We went out Saturday about 6:00PM and the wind did not allow us a good drift plus my bout wont troll very slow either. We got the big skunk except for a rock bass and a gobie. How are you guys fishing in a strong south wind?

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Canuk called me this morning and said you were over there this weekend old Blue, nice fish by the way congrats.. Cya Slick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts