Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

SCR river conditions 4/1/2018?

2728 Views 21 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  DonaldTrump
Trying to figure out where to fish Monday. What does SCR River looking like after Saturday storms? Water Clairity, any ice flows?? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Mike
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Ice free in mc stained got some green to it
That sounds fishable to me! Thanks
If your in a boat. It wasn't entire river. There was line.
Trying to figure out where to fish Monday. What does SCR River looking like after Saturday storms? Water Clairity, any ice flows?? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Mike
South of Pine river 34 ft 1 oz jig, blue finns

Attachments

Great job nice catch!

SCR looked beautiful this morning but no ramp access south of Marine City
I’m going to call it now and say we are done with ice flows for the season. The satellite picture today had some clouds in the way, but didn’t show any ice in southern Huron. The NOAA forecast predicts whatever is left is 2” thick or less, and all of that to disappear by Saturday. If I’m wrong, then I expect to hear about it.
I also think we are done with ice. Water is very clear.
My son and I couldn't resist hitting the "St. Walters" in the NC yesterday afternoon for Easter.
Fished from about 4:15 - 6:00. All fish between 40 - 50 f.o.w. Surface temp was reading 36 degrees. Black shad type plastics on any color jig head.

<----<<<
I also think we are done with ice. Water is very clear.
My son and I couldn't resist hitting the "St. Walters" in the NC yesterday afternoon for Easter.
Fished from about 4:15 - 6:00. All fish between 40 - 50 f.o.w. Surface temp was reading 36 degrees
Holy smokes Joe, I am now 3 trips behind you. I actually tried to put boat in on Friday afternoon (new motor this year, started up great....no water stream....ended up being impeller). Then Saturday am with a good friend... NC full of ice. Yesterday, wanted to go, but couldn't. I hope I get it back today or tomorrow.
Man! Sorry to hear about the boat! Hope you were able to make it out yesterday. Looks like Maw Nature is throwing us a curve for the next 6 - 8 days! Gonna be nasty.
<----<<<
Holy smokes Joe, I am now 3 trips behind you. I actually tried to put boat in on Friday afternoon (new motor this year, started up great....no water stream....ended up being impeller). Then Saturday am with a good friend... NC full of ice. Yesterday, wanted to go, but couldn't. I hope I get it back today or tomorrow.
Monday afternoon I stopped at Marine City Launch but ramps aren't in and I was alone so I went up to St. Clair and didn't launch there either. One ramp was in at Algonac so I launched for about an hour. Tried jigging for about 1/2 hour in 12-50 FOW with no success. I saw three other boats, no nets and lot's of 'thumbs down'.
Reactions: 6667supersport
River was clean last night, and I doubt that the current forecast for rain with one day of east winds is going to change very much. More of a concern are that the temperatures and pretty high winds are going to make fishing tough for the next week or so.
As such, I was glad that I went last night. Besides cold being tough on the bare hands, and picking up a 3rd fisherman; it was the same story as Sunday.
The year is stacking up just as everyone was predicting.

<----<<<
From looking at your recent successes, I have to ask how many fish sandwiches can you mainline in a week?
River was clean last night, and I doubt that the current forecast for rain with one day of east winds is going to change very much. More of a concern are that the temperatures and pretty high winds are going to make fishing tough for the next week or so.
As such, I was glad that I went last night. Besides cold being tough on the bare hands, and picking up a 3rd fisherman; it was the same story as Sunday.
The year is stacking up just as everyone was predicting.

<----<<<
Joe very surprised no silver fish ? You throw them back when ya catch them ? Nice job. Good looking fish
Joe. Are you fishing the scr black river area. I am headed that way Thursday night. Any tips or heads up I should know about. Still kind of new to this.
I was kind of disappointed too, but only the three Coho mixed in with the eyes on 3/18. I might try to target them next time out.
Joe very surprised no silver fish ? You throw them back when ya catch them ? Nice job. Good looking fish
Joe. Are you fishing the scr black river area. I am headed that way Thursday night. Any tips or heads up I should know about. Still kind of new to this.
Fish have been spitting minnows. I only use artificial, but if you are fairly new to jigging minnows might be the ticket.
<----<<<
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.