Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
For those of you who use the ScoutLook app. on your phone how do you feel about the upgraded version? I for one do not like it, seems way to cumbersome to navigate compared to the old version. Often i have to try multiple times to load/view current conditions of my locked in hunting location otherwise it continues to give me my current location.
On the plus side I found out this weekend ScoutLooks current wind direction needle attach to your stand location Flag was more accurate than AccuWeather. I battled a SSW wind for half of my hunts (i believe lake wind effects had something to do with the swirl) Accuweather needle for my area never moved from NE. I really like the app. just not the new upgrade.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Wish I never would have upgraded.....sucks

·
Registered
982 Posts
I agree, wish I never upgraded. It sucks. I dont know why half the time I load it, it shows my current location like a hundred miles away.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I used the old version all the time, the new version is so bad I'm likely going to find a different app. Unfortunate because it was a really nice tool.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
new version sucks as mentioned. I downloaded the old back but it wont work now and prompts for dowloading the new one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I switched to huntstandlite and ActInature apps. I like the icons and mapping of huntstandlite and the tracking of your friends/hunting buddys on ActInature. they are suppose to be coming out with a huntstandpro at some point that looks promising. but I agree I used to love scoutlook and now it sucks!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Hate the new one, wish they didnt force the upgrade. Maps are older now, more cumbersome to use, ads pop up now (reason i purchased it rather than a free option was to avoid the pop up ads), overall not happy. Only thing good is they generally have the most accurate weather info for my area.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I used to use this to log my deer encounters for future reference and to determine future impacts. This part of the app. Deer log seems to be virtually eliminated and very difficult to use. I'm done with this app...

Anybody know of a new app for logging deer sightings?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I used to use this to log my deer encounters for future reference and to determine future impacts. This part of the app. Deer log seems to be virtually eliminated and very difficult to use. I'm done with this app...

Anybody know of a new app for logging deer sightings?
I think it is still there under each stand location, but havent tried that yet as I keep a physical log filled out after each hunt.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
same here...about to dump the app...keep getting an error msg when im using other apps....done and done.

·
Addicted2hunting4
908 Posts
I think the app upgrade is ok (not great) but my bigger issues is the computer version is dead. When I go to the Scout Look link from my computer (version PDA) I get a blank white screen. I used to log on to the computer first and look at the wind and then put in 2-3 zip codes around me and see various win directions. Then I would step outside my bunk house and use a fire fly to confirm my wind. Now, I have the new app (no computer) and it is average. I also agree with posts that say the deer log is essentially gone. The upgrade has it, but a lot less details than before.

I added Hunt Stand from Apple Store. It seems ok. It will have to work now that Scout Look seems to be a bad option.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It sucks new version. Map seems old. It got the "delete" button pushed by this user!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts