Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
that worked. that is the duck hunting buck. did you get it caped? was the meat bad?

it is hard to say from the pics. maybe 140 gross...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
POLARBEAR said:
that worked. that is the duck hunting buck. did you get it caped? was the meat bad?

it is hard to say from the pics. maybe 140 gross...
I will be caping it tomarrow. I looked at the inside the chest and the meat looks ok. But let me tell you how bad the smell is from the neck and jaw area.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would say right around 140 or 150 like everyone else. Also nice story on the other thread. I'd do the same to protect my dog also.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
138 5/8" That's my guess.......what's with all the crap on it in the van? WOW

·
Premium Member
8,599 Posts
bigrackmack said:
138 5/8" That's my guess.......what's with all the crap on it in the van? WOW
Yeah thats what i thought....That pic could have been left out...doesnt show much respect for a deer of that caliber!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The mouth couldnt be shut, The lower jaw is broke! You can see the puncture woulnd in the neck, above the gun shot.....
As for the van..... Well he is a contractor thats on a home owner job and they have to remove all waste everyday.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Sprytle said:
Yeah thats what i thought....That pic could have been left out...doesnt show much respect for a deer of that caliber!!
the deer has no idea. it is dead. :lol:

do you know the whole story? the deer attacking the dog etc?

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Looks to be a pretty standard 9 pt., right? I don't see much in terms of deductions unless of course you count his face. :lol: I gotta believe it'd score 140.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
My guess, before reading the other posts, was 138-145. Let us know what the actual number is, ok? John-Ypsi.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts