Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright guys, first off let me introduce myself, I have been reading this forum for a couple months now, didn't have much to say since i was mainly absorbing a ton of great information.

Anyway, i recently purchased a Thompson Center Omega in the 50 cal. I also picked up a relativly cheap Nikon scope for it off eBay, now i am looking to get some camo rings for it if at all possible, does anyone know where I might be able to locate some on the internet? i have done some basic searches but i havent come up with much. Any help will be appreciated.

I currently have some black rings on the gun, and it really dosent bother me, however, being this is one of my new favorite "toys" (bad choice of word for a gun) i really would like to make it look better.....

Thanks
Szokr1

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Originally posted by BaitRunner
You have too much $$$ :D :D
LOL.

Sorry dont kow where you can get any but welcome to the board.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
SZ,
Welcome to Michigan-Sportsman.com

I trust that your visits will be beneficial to you and to us as we share information, stories, and opinions about our outdoor pursuits.

I moved your post into the Whitetail Forum where it might get more "looks".

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whit, thanks for relocating this thread for me!!

Again any help would be appreciated.

ps- I wish i had too much money.....I just work hard to play hard, and this happens to be one of my hobbies that i am willing to spend a little extra on when i can afford it.:D

szokr1

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
szokr1, Welcome to the site.

Depending on how much you want to spend and how much time you have, I'd like to offer an alternative.
Immersion coating is a process where a thin film that is floated on water then items are dipped into the coating. If you've ever seen the Easter egg decorating kits where colored oils were floated on water then the egg dipped in it to produce a marbalized look. Immersion coating works much the same way. Paterns can range from camo to wood grain to carbon fiber looks. The following links are to K & D Gunsmithing in Georgia.
http://www.kdgunsmithing.com/
http://www.kdgunsmithing.com/prices.htm
http://www.kdgunsmithing.com/examples.htm
For $25 plus S&H they can apply one of 13 camo paterns to your existing rings. This allows you to choose any rings you'd like instead of having to settle for a set of camo rings that don't exactly suit your needs/taste.
Hope this information helps,
Rupe

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Szokr1,

Welcome to the M-S website! Be careful this site is very addicting!

Your profile indicates "White Lake, MI", would that be WL Twp. in Oakland County?

In answer to your question I've always found the people at Williams up in Davison to quite helpful. Another thought might be to check Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills but I've never looked for that kind of stuff there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, i really do appreciate the info, Rupestrips, I did find some info on the dipping you are referring to, quite interesting process too, makes we mant to camo everything...

Burksee, I am from WL, Oakland co. just off cooley lake rd. Let me know when you want to go out for a hunt!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts