Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to put a scope on my shotgun (Remington 870), but as I have mentioned before, I am new to firearms hunting. What kind of scope would you advise me to get, and how easy is it going to be to mount? There are no mounting brackets on the gun.

Thanks for the help and good luck hunting.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know there a plenty of options for scopes on 870's. My cousin put a bushenell red dot on his and is accurate out to 100 yards. If you are not familiar with do it yourself, I would drive to the nearest gun shop and have them mount the scope and bore sight it. Bore sighting should put you on paper for shooting and make the sight in go faster. Should take them about 15-20 minutes at the most once they get working on it. I believe the mounting mechanism is pretty straight forward, but I think you have to take the pins out by the trigger, mount it, and than replace the pins.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
If you want to learn nothing/little, bring it to a shop and have them do it all. If you want to learn something: get the scope of your choice, get mounting brackets for the specific scope and gun, install, shoot until you get it where you want it. Or a combo of the two..... My mossberg came with holes already tapped, there were tiny screws in the threaded holes. These holes are where the mount screws go into the gun. I chose to do it all myself and although it took a lot longer, I learned a thing or 20!! Like make sure to have the scope on correctly so that the up down adjustments arent left to right!! :) Took me the longest time to figure out that little problem!!! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts