Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this flush on the way to work yesterday. How did I not see it sooner? They were right on the side of a state highway. 'Thought for sure I'd head back this morning to see 'em gone. Nope, still there! I got just over 4 pounds worth from these two.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an oak. Oak seems to be the specie of choice to look for chickens on. I've also read it isn't recommended to consume alcohol when eating chickens.
Nice but what kind of tree are they on? They recommend not eating them off of pine trees.
n

·
Registered
433 Posts
Its an oak. Oak seems to be the specie of choice to look for chickens on. I've also read it isn't recommended to consume alcohol when eating chickens.

n
Yup oak is what you want. Good find. Drinking isn't recommended when eating any wild mushroom. I know people who eat tons of mushrooms and are used to it who will drink alcohol along with their shrooms, but I wouldn't recommend it. Let us know how your chickens turn out.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just found this one today. It'll be ready to harvest in a day or two. Wish I would have seen that Slug after I took the picture. He may have it devoured before I get back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts