Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys out there with SBE II's. Does anyone know if the length of pull is adjustable or not? I know the cast and camber are by using shims but how about the lenght of pull? Would like to crop off about 3/8". I know it's not much but it seems to make a difference to me.

I pulled the recoil pad off and it looks like there is a receptical for the recoil pad that snaps in the stock housing. Can that be removed and the stock trimmed down and the receptical reinstalled?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,597 Posts
They sell three different pads for the end of the stock. The one it comes with is medium. There is a thin and a thick. If you get the thin it knocks off something like 3/8". I looked into them because I froze my pad last year, and when it thawed it looked like s..t. After a while it warped back into the original shape, so I never ended up ordering one- so couldn't tell ya the price. I'm about to glue mine in though, I would hate to lose it in the marsh/field.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah, what he said. I'm unsure of the price though also. Probably around 30 bucks or so??
On a side note to what he said....the pad on my SBE2 came out once while I was in my Momarsh layout boat, and I didn't realize it. Lucky for me, I DID notice it before the next time I fired. Must have been sitting there with no recoil pad, for an hour or so.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..

The standard pad is 14 3/8" pull and you can get a 14" and 13 1/2" pads. Tried to find them online but nobody has them. Guess I'll have to order it from Benelli.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
While it is nice to have those cushy gell pads, they fall off way to easy. Benelli needs to rethink how these are attached to the stock, the current system sucks. I have lost mine four or five times, found it each time. The real drawback.... when it falls off and you don't realize it until you pull it up to shoot a duck....

Last time I checked on the price of them, it was near $50.00. I think any Benelli dealer can order them for you, I know the one I bought mine from can.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch!!!! $50 for a recoil pad ?? I guess it says "Benelli" on it somewhere so it's justified by thier marketing group.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While it is nice to have those cushy gell pads, they fall off way to easy. Benelli needs to rethink how these are attached to the stock, the current system sucks. I have lost mine four or five times, found it each time. The real drawback.... when it falls off and you don't realize it until you pull it up to shoot a duck....

Last time I checked on the price of them, it was near $50.00. I think any Benelli dealer can order them for you, I know the one I bought mine from can.
This is why I switched to a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad. In my opnion it is far, far better at cutting recoil than the stock pad. It uses a plastic plate that snaps into the groove in the interior of the stock and then uses the normal screws to attach the pad to the plate. Doesn't come off as fast, but then it NEVER falls off when you don't want it to. It was like $35 if I remember correctly. I have had it on for 3 years and it is like new.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
$30? $50? You guys are funny.

$95 gets you one of 3 pad lengths. Must specify right or left. Same goes for the comb pad.

Not sure about aftermarket pads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts