Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning and adding the surecycle system to the gun today. I have to do something related to hunting since I can't seem to get on any birds. I thought this would be a neat pic and you guys might want to see it.

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Now put it back together and do it in under 45 seconds, private!

MOVE!!!

:p

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
JOe,

How hard was it to get that round tube (not sure of the excact name of it) that is in the stock off. What type of tool is needed to get it off.

I have a SBE1 that needs to have one replaced on it.

KEv

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Kev,

I take mine off after every season. I put the lower reciever into a padded vice and using both hands can unscrew the recoil spring tube off the back. If you are going to replace yours anyway,you could probably clamp a vice grip on the tube to help the process.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kev if you are going to replace the whole thing this is the easiest thing to do. Put the reciever in a padded vice (t-shirt or such works fine for the padding). Then heat the threads at the reciver for about a minute or so with one of those stick lighters or candle lighters or whatever they're called. This helps loosen the thread locker applied by the factory. Using the candle light is important because a regular bic light gets a bit hot on the fingers. :lol::dizzy: Then just use a pipe wrench on the recoil spring tube. You're replacing it so it doesn't matter. Then make sure you clean the threads well with some solvent and a brush before screwing in the new tube. Don't use thread locker on the new one.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Joe

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Took the end off of mine today at work. Just cleaned it and inspected it for rust. Boy was it full of unburnt gun powder and stubble. Thanks for the help. Couldn't figure if the lock washer went above the plate in the stock or below it. Since it has a nylon locking nut already. So I just left it out... Extra parts... :lol:

KEv

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
One more thing-

I drilled a 3/16" hole in my stock just forward of the sling swivel to allow water to drain out of the stock. I got tired of unscrewing the recoil pad after every time I hunted a pond or in the rain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts