Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Gander Mountain in Saginaw today to get my dad his usual $50 dollar gift card for Christmas, and I decided to look at some handguns. Wow, I went down the row where the muzzleloader stuff was, and it looked like a bomb went off. Boxes all over the floor, some still half full of powder, bullets, and other things. Two guys walking around with CVA rifle starting packages under their arm, and looking at different types of powder to buy. Two guys were pricing out muzzleoaders with scopes being put on also. I know you hear stories about guys the day before gun season coming in to buy a rifle and have the gun shop put a scope on it, bore sight it, and it is good enough for them to go out with it. But for muzzleloading season? I asked one of the guys behind the counter how busy were they, and he said they have been selling their muzzleloaders at a record pace since 11-30. I guess it is true that not many people were getting lucky this year so far, and they are trying to extend their season (which I don't see a problem with that). I stopped at Dicks to buy some new tennis shoes, and I saw another guy with a traditions starter set under his arm. I guess I feel for the guys and gals that haven't been able to harvest one this year:sad: .

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got one this year already.

but the bug has really bittem me this year.
so far my purchases since 9-28-05

12 ga. shotgun
.300 win mag rifle
.50 cal muzzleloader

my wife is very understanding:lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I here you! for me I usually buy a handgun everyear. My wife doesn't really care as long as the money comes out of my pocket:D She also knows that handgun shooting is my passion. Anyday I would pass on a rifle or shotgun for a sweet revolver or pistol. On my orginal post I guess I felt that some of the people were buying muzzleloaders becuase they had to, not that they wanted too. When I went to buy my omega I was excited and happy. One person almost looked bummed out to me. Almost like that look you get when something expensive has to be fixed on your truck, and you can't do it. My mind is wandering so I think I will stop talking (time for bed:16suspect ).

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Don't know about that not getting lucky thing. My friend has 3 in the freezer and he still went out and bought a new muzzle loader this past weekend. In his own words, he's been wanting one anyway. And when he found out the season had been extended he figured it was time to buy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts