Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was an amazing scene.

My kids saw them. was driving on M5 (Grand river) and near Maple. they were on the right side of the road.

darn, almost on the road, just grazing and minding their business.

went to the apple orchard and came back homoe, and behold, they were still walking arround.

What a scene. i wish i could have taken a pictures to see 2 wild turkeys in west bloomfield/Commerce area on M5 with hundreds of cars passing!!!

:SHOCKED::SHOCKED:

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
ther used to be a wild turkey on ford rd in canton between cantcenter and beck rd. It was a big tom and I would see him every day on my way home when I lived in ypsilanti.
There is a landscaping company right there and they put up a turkey crossing sign. He would just stand right on the shoulder and watch the cars drive by. I don't go that way anymore but my wife does and she says she hasn't seen him in a year or so. The sign is gone too.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I used to work at a factory 20 years ago that was on Maple right where M5 goes through. Would see them all the time back then. I think between the construction and the Yote population the last 15 years that really put a hurtin on them. Lets cross our fingers beacause they seem to making a come back in the Commerce area the past couple years. And hopefully if you see them again there not road kill, M5 has take more then its share of deer......

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts