Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMFG. These things out where I live now are the size of small birds I swear. I can't walk thru the yard except during high sun or you will just see HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of these things. I read about some high priced stuff that you can use to spray on your yard to repel them but I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper -home brew- type of mix to spray on my yard? There is like swamp behind us so getting rid of all the standing water isn't really an option.
HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cireofmi said:
They are just mosquitoes. You talk like your being attacked by vampire bats. :lol:
I FEEL like Im being attacked by them.
Make you a deal, you come see these things and if you don't agree, Ill buy you dinner.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
walleyeguy22 said:
ThermaCell http://www.thermacell.com/h1/

The Best plain and simple, spend the money you wont be sorry.
But they only work for a 15 x 15 area. I would need 3 for the garden area, 1 for my flower garden area, 2 for my clothes line area, 3 for the kennel area, and 3 for the doorways. YIKES. But those do look like it would work good while fishing.Thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
My grandfather told me to plant marigolds to get rid of the skeeters. I never liked the smell of them. Mayby the bugs don't either. I also think I remember Jerry Baker sayin to spray onion juice around. Never tried it. I think this makes their little eyes water and they crash into things.:lol: :lol:
Mark

·
Registered
170 Posts
You need a few bat houses or some swallows. We noticed a huge difference in the bug population after installing a few bat houses. We have swallows too and they eat a ton of bugs. You could always stay inside when the bugs are out if they are that awful.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try mixing one cup of lemon scented dish soap and 1 or 1/2 cup ( I cant remember which) of lemon juice with a 5 gallon bucket of water. Put it in a sprayer and spray on your lawn. I know what your thinking:dizzy: Just give it a try. It will drastically reduce the number of mosquitos laying in your lawn waiting to pounce. I heard about from a guy who used to charge people to spray this on thier lawn. I have used it at my house when I have outdoor parties. It works pretty well for the cost factor and it is non toxic.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts