Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is willing to share any info on Saubee lake by Sunfield. My daughters are finally old enough to hopefully enjoy ice fising with there Dad. I did not grow up in this area and have no clue about what few local lakes there are. This lake looks like a good location as it is close to home. I am not expecting any specific locations, just wondering if it is worth exploring and the types of fish that live there. Feel free to PM me.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Goodluck out there.. That lake hasn't been doin good the last few years. It's been giving up a few small gills. Not much happenin. Look at lake Interstate as its close to you and you'll be able to get on fish fairly easy. Interstate has gills, bass, perch, and eyes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice vinager.

·
Registered
117 Posts
good luck with interstate that is the slowest place ever. but if you can fine them they will be in 20' 25' fow. not to bad in the summer. I have pretty good luck with the bass and gills.

·
Registered
191 Posts
took 7 crappie 8 to 10 inch range and 8 gills 8 to 9 inch range right next to the beech sunday after noon. threw back about another 20. About 12 foot of water and 8 feet down rite above the weeds.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Goodluck out there.. That lake hasn't been doin good the last few years. It's been giving up a few small gills. Not much happenin. Look at lake Interstate as its close to you and you'll be able to get on fish fairly easy. Interstate has gills, bass, perch, and eyes.
who put the eyes in this lake?dnr stocking report show's nothing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are no EYES in interstate. The dnr has stocked trout in there. They are still there in low numbers, maybe he hit the bottle too many times and thought the bass he caught had teeth!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the report Leadbelly, you just told me that it is worth exploring. Hopefully the girls and I will make it out this weekend. Are there any pike in there? I would love to be able to set out a few tipups. When the girls get bored, we can always check out some "wind flags" I know those used to keep me out on the ice a while longer when I was growing up. ;) anybody know where I can locate a map of the lake with depths? I do not have a flasher and when I was out there last Saturday, the depths took me by surprise. Seemed to get deep very fast in the places that I punched holes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The pike are good but for some reason alot of dogfish also. The n.w. corner of the north bay has been good for nice clean perch. I fish anyware in front of the houses for crappie and gills 3 to 4 times a week. Feel free to p.m. me if you have anymore questions.

·
Banned
48 Posts
FM,
There are eye's in there. just gotta be in the right spot with the right presentation. The dogfish and carp out number the pike in saubee. But when you get a pike it's not goin to be a hammerhandle..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts