Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched out of the mouth (Patterson Rd.) about 6am. Dropped lines out by sailboat bouys running meat. Trolled out past Sparkplug west of channel then north and east. Kept c;ose eye on weather and called a day when storms were popping up north and west heading outr way. Ended up with 8 keeper eyes and 5 nice perch. Caught allot of small eyes and SH. I would post pics but haven't figured it out on new software yet. Any help will be welcome.

Reactions: Ralph Smith

·
Premium Member
29,965 Posts
Nice job!, thanks for report:) I don't even bother with uploading pics anymore on here. I just post them using the Ohub app from phone, very easy. I just need to learn how to type the report faster now on the phone. Need some of those young kid skills with the thumbs and fingers:lol:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most were taken on Rainbow Trout or Rainbow Shad harnesses. Speed was 1.3 to 1.8 mph.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got back to Patterson luanch and sitting there at the dock was a DNR CO. Asked how we did and why we had quit so ealry. We told him that a strom was moving in from the north and didn't want to mess with that on the bay. He replied what storm? Then he looked at his radar and said where did that come from. He stated that he was going to go out to patrol but changed his mind once he looked at the radar.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
We fished from daylight till the storm came in. Wife called us every 15 min stating it was getting closer and closer. So we pulled out just as the rain hit the Patterson launch. It sprinkled, but not enough to get the truck window wet. So we headed to Holloway. It poured most of the way south. We did manage 3 Eyes and 1 perch. Wish we would have held out the storm. But it could have been worse in minutes. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts