Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this a few months ago. Used my phone to crop an area from google earth, (or county gis, etc). Then emailed to a local printer. 36"x36" was biggest they could go. Being a rectangle I got 18"x36", which is pretty nice. Made a frame with plexiglass on top. Dry erase works well. Kind of wish I used an aerial wo leaves, but still not bad. Print was $28

Screenshot_20210611-141555_Photos.jpg

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
WTH Pgpn - Looks like they scribbled all over it.

I need to get an updated one for "Lone Oak".

·
Registered
11,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Yup, well worth the money. I’ve gotten large ones printed and laminated (for less) and you can draw and remove and redraw. I do miss having a plotter where I could just print them out at will and draw all over them and reprint when things changed or I found a better, newer image. Don’t discount including the neighboring properties in the image (when cost is the same) so that you can mark their stand locations or things you can see from your side that may/will impact deer movement. If you solely focus on your boundaries you are looking for frustration….always factor in the influence from the neighbors activity and their natural draws and influences.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
From the County System You Cannot Make out Anything as to 2 tracks roads Nothing more Useless than Anything Have look at it many times since the County Offered It But Not Happy because they have too much Personal Information Associated with it I requested they remove my Name several Times and They Have Yet To Respond or take my name Off. Sad but You cant see much details as to anything for my property! Do Not See the Point if you cannot use it for Much...As I know the property well own it 30 years Now! Another reason I have not need any Aerial Picture!!!
Newaygo1

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Has anyone had a really big satellite photo printed, something like 60”x60”? Just looking for a company you were happy with the results and didn’t cost an arm and a leg. Getting it framed probably isn’t cheap either.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
From the County System You Cannot Make out Anything as to 2 tracks roads Nothing more Useless than Anything Have look at it many times since the County Offered It But Not Happy because they have too much Personal Information Associated with it I requested they remove my Name several Times and They Have Yet To Respond or take my name Off. Sad but You cant see much details as to anything for my property! Do Not See the Point if you cannot use it for Much...As I know the property well own it 30 years Now! Another reason I have not need any Aerial Picture!!!
Newaygo1
There are free to use imagery out there that I can make out sprayed deer trails and access trails front the images! Some of the pay to print services have even better/clearer images when they can print. If you can’t even make out a 2-track, you may want to try other sources, or make an eye appt, because the images is out there…just a matter of how up to date it is is all.

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
I put in a new 1000’ trail at our camp several years ago in August, it showed up on satellite imagery in September, a month later.

I got some satellite prints of our camp from our NCRS rep this past Tuesday that were dated April 2021.

Sometimes you get lucky and get current shots, most times they’re 2-3 years old.

·
Premium Member
31,598 Posts
Did this a few months ago. Used my phone to crop an area from google earth, (or county gis, etc). Then emailed to a local printer. 36"x36" was biggest they could go. Being a rectangle I got 18"x36", which is pretty nice. Made a frame with plexiglass on top. Dry erase works well. Kind of wish I used an aerial wo leaves, but still not bad. Print was $28
That's one hell of a piece of art work you got there.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
There are free to use imagery out there that I can make out sprayed deer trails and access trails front the images! Some of the pay to print services have even better/clearer images when they can print. If you can’t even make out a 2-track, you may want to try other sources, or make an eye appt, because the images is out there…just a matter of how up to date it is is all.
Using just plain old Google maps, I can see where I planted trees based on the 2'x2' carpeting I use as weed mats.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Has anyone had a really big satellite photo printed, something like 60”x60”? Just looking for a company you were happy with the results and didn’t cost an arm and a leg. Getting it framed probably isn’t cheap either.
I had a map made from my Father in-law through Hunterra. Field map 30x45. Quality product that can be drawn on. You don't want to zoom in too close though or it will be pixelated pretty bad. They send you an over view before they make the product. Not cheap though

Reactions: Wild Thing

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
I had a map made from my Father in-law through Hunterra. Field map 30x45. Quality product that can be drawn on. You don't want to zoom in too close though or it will be pixelated pretty bad. They send you an over view before they make the product. Not cheap though
Not bad, but still not quite what I’m looking for. Would like a big square print of this delta for the wall. Don’t need the lake section out on the west edge, and it would be great to find something that has the same water conditions throughout, but that is difficult in the way these are built as a mosaic of many individual pictures.

A0E59386-E7B2-48D2-908C-80E45E1C3ABD.jpeg

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Here's one I printed on our plotter. It's only paper so we can draw up on it. Easy to replace as the images update Got the image from google earth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts