Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave the normal spots down river a shot and no go,, all smallies and rock bass.... Did find a couple nice rock piles out in the river mouth that were productive smallie spots though,,, so the morning wasnt a total waste....Come on september.......

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I tried my usual perch spots today, caught 1, fished in the wind for an hour then gave up, water temp too high for my spots, 74 deg.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried my usual perch spots today, caught 1, fished in the wind for an hour then gave up, water temp too high for my spots, 74 deg.
It wont be to much longer $ ,,,,, cant wait......

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Tried in the near "hurricane" winds on Sunday in the usual spots for perch. Took home 7 w/ one 12". Alot of smallies for sure. Lotsa floating weeds too to contend with.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Crappie Depot made it out and only caught about 4. Still too early but dont mean they cant be found. There are still some pockets. You would be better off trying Stoney Point this time of year. Which I will be doing as soon as the home improvement project is done:mad:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I Do think you can find them. The ones I caught were in the weeds. I could have done better but the perch minnows I got at the bait store were more like chubbs. I had a hard time finding a small minnow in by bucket! Got qutie a few good hit & misses

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Do think you can find them. The ones I caught were in the weeds. I could have done better but the perch minnows I got at the bait store were more like chubbs. I had a hard time finding a small minnow in by bucket! Got qutie a few good hit & misses
We must have got our bait at the same store.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts