Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six lines in 20' at 11 a.m. Used spoons for first time. Picked up 2 first hour, and then notta for a while. Switched over to brass/red bead harnesses and picked up a few. Gang busters at 4pm. Put about 6 in the boat in half hour.Took long time for that limit. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I went about 2 hours without a hit (diff speeds, direction, colors, etc...).

Picking up dad Tues night and will be out everyday through Saturday. Hope we do good, we've been planning this for a while. Looks like winds out of East Weds through Sat.:mad:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
It was seriously tough out there for most people....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Six lines in 20' at 11 a.m. Used spoons for first time. Picked up 2 first hour, and then notta for a while. Switched over to brass/red bead harnesses and picked up a few. Gang busters at 4pm. Put about 6 in the boat in half hour.Took long time for that limit. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I went about 2 hours without a hit (diff speeds, direction, colors, etc...).

Picking up dad Tues night and will be out everyday through Saturday. Hope we do good, we've been planning this for a while. Looks like winds out of East Weds through Sat.:mad:
If you feel like making the drive, Saginaw bay is on FIRE right now, and may not be as affected by the winds.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
If you feel like making the drive, Saginaw bay is on FIRE right now, and may not be as affected by the winds.
Seriously?!?!? Saginaw Bay with a N.E. wind at 10 MPH us not a good place to be at all. They are calling for 2-3 footers till Friday when the winds switch. If you don't know the system up here don't send people up blindly. It is on fire though, we caught over 200 fish this weekend, it took that many to get 40 keepers though, mostly on spoons.

Edit: they have changed the forecast since this morning now, light winds after Wednesday, it'll be OK

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yep like Mark said it was a tough bite out there most of the day for most people, we started at 7:30am and ended at 1:30pm and only had five for our efforts. We were running four rods with different color combo's changed a couple up couldn't get anything going consistently. Red beads and brass blades did the best took 3 on that color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts