Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to go out this morning but had a dead battery on the boat. Got out there at about 2:30, caught maybe 20-30 fish. ABout 12 keepers in three hours or so. Still a few boaters out there hanging out but still enough room to work around them and get some fish. Seemed to be right around the edges of the weeds in about 8-10 FOW. Going back out in the morning to try again. If we dont hit them there probably head down to stony. Used minnows and wax worms. Caught couple gills on the wax worms. Got minnows from gander, didnt really want to but tight budget and they are about $1 cheaper than any of the bait stores around. Flat heads not shinners.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
What were you in,,,, I was all over that area looking for fish at that time,,, black,grey and red mirrocraft..... Ended up doing about the same as you .....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue and White Sylvan. Went out today and got about the same. Today was in a 22ft red and white cobalt. Not a fishing boat but it was today. Did about the same, hit the cross dyke in the morning with mixed results altough it was hard to get a good position in that boat fighting the wind and the current.Tried down south of Celron as well, picked up a couple but killed more Gobies then put perch in the cooler. Had a good time. It was nice being ina boat that moved. the guy i fish with hit a rock south of Sugar last time we were out. Had to have the prop redone. Thought it was fixed but we were wrong. Took us an hour to get from Elizabeth park launch to cross dyke on Sat. Made for a long day. Today was nice launch to fish. 5 mins. :SHOCKED:. Cant wait till i can afford a boat that moves like that. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts