Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36,082 Posts
This has nothing to do with the outfitter in question but I talked with some hunters who had problem crossing the border into Saskatchewan last fall. One guy was turned back for a Michigan drunk driving charge another had to pay $200 extra for entry for an impaired driving charge. Make sure you have a valid pass port and register your rifles in the US prior to leaving the country.

Good luck and don't forget to post some pictures when you get back.

·
Registered
11,789 Posts
Anything related to a drunk driving charge will effect border crossing at any of the Canadian provinces. Has been that way for years.

Yes, they will give you a temporary permit too enter for a fee. My dad had a friend tell him this happened to there group when they were trying to enter Ontario on a fishing trip. Funny thing about Canada. Once you get away from civilization, you see more drunks then you do in the USA.

·
Registered
11,789 Posts
I hunt in NE Saskatchewan. We are at the end of the road you might say. Only one way in and one way out. They have a terrible drug problem. The residents can get there college paid for, so many go to school. This is what causes the problem for the small communities. The students get exposed to drugs in the big city and bring them home for the weekends. We were staying near a reservation. You want to talk about problems? Looks like little Detroit. Bars on the windows. Even with all the problems they have, they are good people. I enjoy just going back to see old friends as much as the hunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts