Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I'll post my hunting update this weekend when I have some extra time!!

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I had a great trip to Saskatchewan this year. I drove it again, 3400 miles round trip, but love driving there. We saw moose, numerous whitetail (one had to be 180" tending a doe 30' off the road) huge Muley bucks, wolves, yotes and fox along the way. Hunting was phenomenal, saw at least a dozen bucks every day and similar doe numbers. Sits were from 6:30am until 6:30pm everyday, high temps were about 5 degrees, but hunting was so awesome I never once got cold, no heater either (last year it was -18 and I froze my rear off). The buck I shot was at last light on day (4), he was the 18th buck of the day, only (1) was a repeat. I saw two other shooters during my hunt, one giant 10 that was chasing a doe and didn't present a shot, the other was an old warrior 8 that got a pass, he was a monster and if he returned I probably would have drilled him. I still had 2 full days to hunt when I killed this 9 point, but decided not to get greedy and eat tag soup. Had the time of my life, no doubt I'll be returning again, Saskatchewan is in my blood. If you ever get the chance to go I highly recommend it, not cheap at all, but possibly the hunt of a lifetime.

IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,129 Posts
Congrats !!
from one of the "real pain in the arses we brought with us."

Reactions: kingfisher 11
41 - 49 of 49 Posts