Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I got a chance to fish with my 11 yr old nephew JT, DEADDUCK365 and an old friend joined by his son. We let the boys wreak havoc on Hurons trout and coho. We went 7-10. Getting 6 on video. Its just the rips and the dips. With the net that is!! Had a great time and cant wait to do it again.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks for having me out again. It was great time. I love the look on their faces when fighting those fish.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great cam action--tx for sharing!

We fished the BWSFA Club tourney Saturday out of Sanilac and had very positive results also. Ended up 13 for 20 with 6 coho, 6 steelhead and 1 trout.

We fished north of trailor park in 60-75 fow early in the morning and had a hard time staying hooked up on all the coho action. After 7:30 am the bait all sank to the bottom and the rods stopped shaking, so we headed to steelhead waters in 80-100 fow and poked away at them until noon.

We ended up with the heaviest box of silver that we have caught all year in L. Huron. 13 fish totaling over 75# with only the one lake trout and no pinks.

I think the fish may stick around as long as the bait does, but with the current moon phase (3/4 going to full) it is probably best to fish the afternoon to evening bite. I've heard of some other great catches also at these times.

Good Luck everyone--it's been over a decade since the "Year of the Coho" in L. Huron--Smoke'em if you Got'em! :lol:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Good video:coolgleam

Also you had good luck charm on the boat, not Johnny, but the butterfly that landed on the rod. cool :lol:
I would Never consider myself as A Good Luck charm. Since we donated To the fish gods an expensive meat rig last night.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Looks like a good time. Heading for grindstone Tuesday. How far down do you run baits for steelhead?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a good time. Heading for grindstone Tuesday. How far down do you run baits for steelhead?

Most of our bows are coming on 3 color. 12 - 15 ft down. But I've caught them on rigger main line down 50 and on sliders!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts