Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wont be fishing LSC till LAST ICE based on what i saw today....i just dont have the time to put in out there anymore to sit and wait for a miracle.

They will not bite........and those are the non-keepers.

Saw the most amazing (and disappointing) Perch behavior today....after i gave up hope, about 4:30, i dumped 2 dozen wigglers down the hole to see what the dinks in the hole would do..........they actually sucked in, and spit out, hook-free wigglers....

something aint right.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Wont be fishing LSC till LAST ICE based on what i saw today....i just dont have the time to put in out there anymore to sit and wait for a miracle.

They will not bite........and those are the non-keepers.

Saw the most amazing (and disappointing) Perch behavior today....after i gave up hope, about 4:30, i dumped 2 dozen wigglers down the hole to see what the dinks in the hole would do..........they actually sucked in, and spit out, hook-free wigglers....

something aint right.
the lack of oxygen in the water is affecting their metabolism,that and there is still shad for them to munch on.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You should have put them on the "magic rig"...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have put them on the "magic rig"...
of course, you know i tried that.........it NEVER fails....but today it did.

i declare LSC (on the American Side) officially dead!!!

see you all on Saginaw Bay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went to saginaw bay for 2 days. Same thing they won't bite. I gave them everything but a bomb (which would of got them taking that next time haha). Save your money and time and got to superior fish market and buy some. Good luck to all
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
166 Posts
Apparently the 30 perch (9-10.5") I took home today from north of there had a different mentality/oxygen supply. The SANG area is dead but there are fish to be had. From what I've heard Sag Bay is getting alittle better but has been an off year compared to others.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We did ok out there yesterday... 20 (7-11).
No one specific bait did the trick. Had a dead stick with a minnow tipped tear drop. Plus jigged a black spoon tipped with a red anise ball or wax worm.

We speared a third of the window shoppers. My buddy could't hit sh't with the spear.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Got a dozen keepers (9+) in three hours the other day. Half had to be helped out of the hole by Mr. Spear, but the other half were caught(as well as a few dinks) on minnows.

I will now refrain from insulting your fishing abilities...:evil:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a dozen keepers (9+) in three hours the other day. Half had to be helped out of the hole by Mr. Spear, but the other half were caught(as well as a few dinks) on minnows.

I will now refrain from insulting your fishing abilities...:evil:
a dozen keepers in 3 hours is not anything to brag about.....last Sunday, two of us caught 62 "keepers" in 4 hours....but not on LSC, and we didnt even need a spear.

i will now refrain from insulting your fishing abilities!!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
a dozen keepers in 3 hours is not anything to brag about.....last Sunday, two of us caught 62 "keepers" in 4 hours....but not on LSC, and we didnt even need a spear.

i will now refrain from insulting your fishing abilities!!!
I'll take a dozen keepers in three hours anyday, especially this last two weeks. Keep up the good work Mkarpov.

Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
From what I am reading their would be no need in going to LSC. Has anyone been fishing at Port Clinton in Ohio? I am unable to get any info on where and what they are catching. Your help would be greatly appreciated.:rant:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
fishing everywhere kinda sucks right now relax fishin gona get good soon,normal weather comin this week gona plan a big trip sag bay or st lukes next weeknd just my thoughts.all my best ice fashin has been in feb and march.even april on simcoe,sunburns n hoggs whales never foget it dont get negative or u will catch negative.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts