Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Saw a post on FB earlier today that guys were on there and was surprised when I saw people there 2 days ago. My last trip was Christmas Eve and that was my limit for sketchiness. Not a high risk area when you're only 50 yards from your car. Getting wet and risking losing gear just isn't worth it to me. Everybody has there own risk levels though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sometimes u play with fire u get burned. Lol been there done that.
View attachment 474619 Not good!!! Guy got out and came back and retrieved his bucket. I stopped by earlier and my buddy was out there I was like hell no!! Your stupid. Came back a couple hours later and everyone was off knew something happened

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Sometimes u play with fire u get burned. Lol been there done that.
no dought captain,chances are if ya ice fash its bound to happen out dare. fur de record dat rolling Stones song is badd azz.(play with fire) I sang dat to myself realy loud when I dropped inn once at lady coe it helped alot;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
whats so bad is ....going out on that ice...it endangers people that have more sense NOT to go out on it....rescue people, and bystanders that think, "omg he needs help" and then others that have more sense not to go out are in harms way...stay off the damn thin ice.....(said nicely, don't want to offend anyone, in our kindler/gentler society).....lol

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats so bad is ....going out on that ice...it endangers people that have more sense NOT to go out on it....rescue people, and bystanders that think, "omg he needs help" and then others that have more sense not to go out are in harms way...stay off the damn thin ice.....(said nicely, don't want to offend anyone, in our kindler/gentler society).....lol
That what I was thinking. Some people may react in a situation like that different than others. Someone will go through and others will put themselves in danger without even thinking about it trying to rescue them. Crazy that it literally took someone going through before people got off when it clearly wasn't close to safe. Also being on ice like that others think oh they are out there must be safe... wrong. There were 12 guys out there when I was there. I have heard guys out on thin ice go " well there are to many people around for me to not get rescued". Awful logic you shouldn't have to depend on anyone to rescue you and put them in danger because you wanted to be on 1.5" of awful ice

1 - 20 of 42 Posts