Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed straight out of the launch and to the left a little, maybe a half mile out or less, there were a half a dozen guys out there...they were all catching fish!!!

the visibility has deteriorated since tuesday 3/1 when it was clear...now you can only see about 2ft...2 guys out there had about 50 on the ice when i got there at 3pm...they had the bobbers going with minnows

went past them maybe 50 yards....it was slow going until all hell broke loose at about 4:30...

from 5pm till just before dark, i couldnt put "the rig" down fast enough....they were snappin so fast i couldnt get a smoke or brew in! probably caught 70 or so, and kept 34

this was the craziest action ive ever seen fishing anywhere

the ice is still fine...down to about 10" with no honeycomb

talked to a guy on the way in who fished by the barracks...he slayed em as well

if you can get out tomorrow its an easy lmit

koby

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was over at the barracks for the evening fish, there were maybe 20 - 25 guys. I didn't see anybody slaying them, unless it was a guy with a snowmobile, he caught fish....a lot of small fish. I couldn't get a bite until 6:00pm and then it was fairly steady until 6:40pm. Kept 9 perch (8-10") and 1 10" crappie, threw back about a dozen. Most of the places I fished, the ice is only 6" and the top is fairly soft. With the rain and the wind coming, this is last ice!

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
I was out there tonight as well........I'd like to know where you were at koby.... I caught 6 dinks and didn't see anyone doing that much better...lots of small fish. I was N of the launch as well...The way everyone was bouncing around I don't think they were into fish either...You must have sold you soul or paid homage to the fish gods!!

Ice is still looking good...couple new holes opening up..Not much slop on top which really surprised me.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Koby; Are you going out today? I would like to meet up with you and see some of those perch in my bucket. With the rain comming it just might be my last time on the pond ice fishing this year. I was thinking on going this afternoon some where.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slammer....i was the guy in the blue shanty with the silver patch on the corner, with the blue sled next to it...i was just outside of the other shanties...not really north of the launch, but pretty much straight out and to the left a bit

i did notice through my window everyone moving around

when the waters that murky, you have to let them come to you...i set up and stayed put..and they came!

SLOWPOKE...ill be out there about 3pm today..by the way, i caught em all on wigglers on a red hook with a glow in the dark bead (the rig)...went through 6 dozen!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
6 doz wigglers. WOW!!!! Will you have a radio on ch 7? I'll be there around 3pm also and hope to hook up with you. OH! Was you anywhere around the Neanderthal's trash dump? I think I found that spot Tues.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Were you fishing in by the 3 or4 other shantys?? I worked my way out to the N crack and then looped around the outside, about 100yds past the furthest shanty.. I did better in with the other guys though..

80% of the time I sit and wait..but it was so slow yesterday that I had to move. I sure haven't been into them out there like last year.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slowpoke

you got it

i was about 30 feet away from that spot

dont have a radio....ill be in the shanty with the silver patch on the corner

stop by and ill give you a couple of the "rigs" i use

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
QUEENLAFISHA AND I FISHED IN FRONT OF THE SEA PLAIN RAMP ABOUT AN 1/8 OF A MILE IN THE BIG PUFFY WEEDS . WE CAUGHT ARE LIMIT OF BIG SUNNYS . THE ACTION WENT ALL DAY WE DID A LOT SORTING OUT TO KEEP 50 GOOD ONES . MINI MOONS GREEN AND WHITE TIPPED WITH PINK GULP.IF THE FISH GODS SMILE ON US WE'LL HIT AGAIN SAT.

A/K/A MING MING

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Koby, I miss you or you didn't go. I got 25 or so. The ice was good but after todays rain, don't think so.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slowpoke

i was out there....woulda said hello, but i have no idea what you look like!!!

anyway, i did the same as you...they were biting extremely light...missed quite a few

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I look for your blue shannie but didn't see but one and it did'nt have a silver patch on it that I could see. I sure would like to see your rig. I riged me up a red hook and bead with wiggers and put them on bottom with one rod then minnows on the other rod or Rap to bring them in. When they come in I lift the wigger up so the perch can see it and then put them back on bottom and it works. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts