Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed northeast from the launch about 1/3 of a mile just past a pressure crack. fished in 5 fow with minnows and a variety of spoons. lots of fish in the holes - would come and go every 15 min or so. would immediately scatter at the sound of a quad, sled, or shanty being pulled - very skittish. saw lots of hogs but most of them were 8-10". they wouldn't bite until we figured we'd downsize a bit and use only the minnow heads then they really started smackin' em. sorted through 30 nice ones and called it a day.

one note to those of you riding quads or sleds - is it really that tough to ride around a pack of shanties rather than right through them? there was one guy that sat about 30 yards from our shanty with his sled just idling for about 20 minutes while he talked with some guys - needless to say no fish for a while. i don't claim to own lake st. clair but come on let's have some courtesy.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
had a guy come up to my shanty on a Quad and ask how we were doing, needless to say some result no fish for a while..

·
Super Moderator
3,249 Posts
two weeks ago a guy on a sled came close enough to my shanty that I could hear them yelling when they almost hit me.... just like any othe sport some guys just don't get it.....

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
That's why I always keep the 3 ounce sinker handy...:D

·
Registered
419 Posts
And that's why I carry a heavy steel ice scooper. I almost fired it at a guy on a yellow sled out at Ginos a few days ago. He was gunnin' it right thru all the fishermen. He's gonna end up jousted with a spud if he dont watch it.....or he might really hurt someone real bad. Once again another case of half a brain if that. :mad:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Mudpuppy, that yellow sled was racing through the fisherman last Sunday, went right by one of my friends doing about 60mph. I think there were several people who wanted a piece of that guy. As it has been stated before, I think some guys do it on purpose. There's no other reason, when there is a lot of unpopulated ice south of the Croker launch.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Now it seems to me the fish cops should be out there writing that idiot a violation for reckless driving....but I'm sure its easier for them to write a three wheeler while its parked next to a shanty for not having an ORV sticker even though it never gets used for anthing but put put putting from the launch to a shanty and never sees a dirt trail up north....

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I agree 100% neversunk!! why bpther a 3-wheeler thats strictly for ice fishing!! there should be no need for a orv sticker....then you have those idiots that race around and have that poor me look when they hit and injure someone!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts