Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, where did the perch go?

made lots of moves in and out from in front of the barracks and only managed 4 perch, 1 of which was keepable (if thats a word) which i released

each shallow spot, id have a school of 2 inchers (which i havent seen all year), and farther out i saw absolutely nothing (except a pike that would give you a heart attack!!!)

anyone else get out there today?

if you got into em, im interested in knowing how deep you were

its as if they totally vanished

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Koby I hear ya, havent taken a perch home from SANG in two weeks. Been waaaaaaay out (no weeds) and waaaay in but no action to speak of. Think this wkd Im going up to Fairhaven, seems they at least been seeing some up there. With the warm weather coming in this wked, you never know and the season may be drawing to a close with only a couple more wkeds left??

Good Luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Koby,I was there sunday and found fish in shallow 2/3 fow,stay away from the crowd and go small with your bait,I took all the fish on a tiny chrome/red bead ken spoon,made a lot of moves and took 40 home nothing under 8in most in the 9 to 11in class.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Fished SANG Tues. from daylight til 2:30pm made about 10 moves only caught 7 keepers between two guys. Saw only one decent school come through, only managed 3 of them before they were gone.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was out there too last night from 5:00pm until 6:45pm and I caught 12 nice perch from the 10 to 12 inch size range. I was out there on Monday and I caught 11 around the same size. It seems like they start biting between 5:30 and quit around 6:30. Yesterday a school came through and I hammered them in about a half hour and then it was dead. I would like to go out there and limit out once this year yet!

·
Registered
24 Posts
FISHNFEATHERS,I used a number of different size and color ken spoons until I hit with a very small chrome/red bead combination,seemed they wanted small bait. All the fish I cleaned had minnows in thier stomachs,but very small minnows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts