Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Plant Deer Natural landscape Atmospheric phenomenon

Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Grass

Deer Adaptation Natural landscape Landscape Terrestrial animal
Got a few pics this morning of a buck that looks like he was injured in the past. Had to go back and look, i remember getting pics of a deer last year with the same side growing goofy. I was under the impression that a deer would grow a normal rack the year after he was injured…but i know nothing is guaranteed in nature. If it is the same deer I’m assuming he has an injured pedicle?

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He does appear to have something going on, on his front left side/chest area. Could just be the picture

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I
Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Trunk

I thought they looked about the same size in the body as well. I never saw this deer in the stand this year. I saw the deer from last year and he was getting around just fine. Be cool if he grew into something wild next year…I’m very surprised he didn’t get shot this year. Then again, i haven’t seen or had a pic of him until now. Maybe he knows where NOT to roam😂

Reactions: HuntinMichigan

· Registered
1,032 Posts
Probably the same buck. I had one do this the last two years, first pictures I got I figured he had injured the antler but the following year it grew the same way. I thought it was a one time thing but apperantly not.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Grass Fawn
Plant Plant community Natural landscape People in nature Grass

I've got some more pics of him somewhere if I find em I'll post

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts