Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out here since around 830. Its 2:40. Picked up some fish early on and was seeing quite a few. A few pike rolled through and all the other fish vanished. Tried a few depths ranging from 4-8'. Tough finding the fish for us. Slabgrabber helped me pluck a few when they were around. Mostly small fish

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Seems about this time last year it slowed down. Try baracks a few times in the ditch EARLLLLLLLLLY in the morning. You won't be disappointed. Bring a spear. Between ramp and Mac Rays about 125 yards off shore.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
the baracks has been best for me early morning in the dark and by 10 its done. The fish seemed to vanish during the day and evening bite would not be any better until last ice would come around. On those cloudy, windy, snowy days like the ones we had last year I would see a big momma walleye come through. Thats not the only time I have seen them there.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
How do you get access by the salt river?
Park at Cotton Rd, hit the ice, take a left, and start walking. 20-30 minute walk depending on how fast you walk. If you have a machine you can ride north from Selfridge or try to get on at Cotton as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts