Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been more rumors about this tournament than I can count. So, hopefully I can put some of them to rest.

http://www.bluewatersportfishing.net/Salmon_Stakes/ss.html

There is a Salmon Stakes this year. It will be on April 24th.

The Voyageur will be the tournaments sponsor and tournament headquarters.

Proceeds from the tournament will be going to the design and construction of a fish cleaning station in St. Clair.

I will answer any question you have on the tournament that I can, and probable post a new thread when the raffle tickets are printed.

Last year, we had 174 teams fish this tournament.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our raffle prizes are finalized now. And I posted the tournament rules, flyer, and captain registration forms.

This tournament is open to all fishing organizations. Last year, two of the club prizes were not claimed because they were won by non-club affiliated captains. Last year, we also had one Manistee Steelhead boat enter. The way the tournament is setup, any club can compete now, even with one boat.

Raffle tickets are $10. You need one raffle ticket per crew member to fish the tournament. The raffle tickets are still at the printer, but will be made available very soon.

After the tournament (not the day of the tournament), you can redeem your raffle ticket for half off a second dinner plate at the Voyageur. Dinners at this restraunt are around $16. So if you do redeem your ticket at a later date, you pratically get to fish for free and are entered in the raffle for free. Anglers can't go wrong with a deal like this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am not a member of a club, so can I list michigan-sportsman.com as my club in case I luck into one of those big fish, then the site will get the 500 bucks instead of no one getting it:cool: just a thought?!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can get your club to register for the tournament and approved by the Salmon Stakes committee, you can fish for that organization.

·
Registered
308 Posts
HEY STEVE,
see that, get the site registered and it might be an opportunity to make some funds for the site. I am sure there are more fisherman out of your 7000 members that would sign up under the michigan-sportsman banner and fish the tournament. let us know if you decide to try.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raffle Tickets and Boat Registrations are available at sites listed on the website.

Anyone looking for this stuff in the Detroit Area, like most of the DAS boats, can purchase tickets from Mike Vigus.

I am not sure if there is a ticket sales location in the Algonac area for the Lions boats. I will try to find out tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts