Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of it for a long time now (salmon fishing) and will be selling a lot of spoons, flashers, flys, peanuts and J-Plugs. Is .50 (50 cents) a piece to much to ask for them in a garage sale?

I found stuff that I didn't know I still had. Releases, stackers, etc. The wife's having a garage sale this weekend and I'm putting all that stuff in her sale.

I think I remember some of the spoon names, such as Monkey Puke, Bloody Nose. Who the heck came up with those names? ;)

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
I could use releases, what you got?
Also could use a few more inlines if you have any.

Spoons I would put the popular salmon spoons at $1 each. 50 on the oddball spoons.

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could use releases, what you got?
Also could use a few more inlines if you have any.

Spoons I would put the popular salmon spoons at $1 each. 50 on the oddball spoons.
The whole reason for the garage sale, is to just clean up the place. Basically to just get rid of the things we don't use any more. The wife's mom passed in Feb. and after it took five of the kids almost two weeks to sort, clean and sell, the wife says, "things have to go".

The releases are the clip on, same with the stackers. J-Plugs I found in an old Willie Bait File under the work bench and the spoons and such, were in a large box with a bunch of tackle boxes in it. Hell, I can't even remember the names of them but, I think Stinger, North Ports, along with those Monkey Pukes, Bloody Nose and others I have no clue about. I don't know why I have so many Squids or flys, as I never remember using them. Rods (no reels), Color-C-Lector, old cheap fly rod reels. Didn't remember having that stuff. Anyway, I think I'll just go with the .50 and maybe I won't have to put the boxes back.

I did find something that I'm going to save though. We've always called them the "Torch Lake Trout Taker". I found about a dozen of them that I got from my dad, who lived near and fished Torch. The spoon is made by Johnson and dad used to just hammer the fish in Torch on them. I believe that they're not made any more.

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hubert Rd., Hubbard Lake.

No bass stuff, I gave four or five tackle boxes of that away a couple years ago, along with a bucket or two full of rubber worms.

NO............ secret baits!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What days and times for sale?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
9-5 tomorrow and Saturday.

I never really understood how some people have a garage sale, then price things like they're trying to supplement their income. Maybe some people are addicted to the attention or something but to me, its called hauling things out, setting them up (wife says presentation) and trying to sell things to someone else that you don't use any more or want. MOST OF ALL.... not having to haul it back to where you found it.
Personally, I can't believe the wife had that much stuff in our basement. 2,000 sq ft and I can finally see the floor!

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The first fisherman that showed up today, went home with 150 spoons for $75. Twelve downrigger rods went quickly too, at $30. After looking around a little more, I found a couple 9' surf rods that I put $5 on and they were gone quick. As hard as it is to catch salmon on this side, I figured I'd have to put all that stuff back. The fishing stuff is about gone, except for a dozen or so J-Plugs and four Penn downrigger rods. A half dozen old fly reels went pretty quickly too.

Had a couple guys ask about any firearms, which I wasn't selling anything. However a couple of the deer decoys and full size bow targets went quickly at $5 each. Then I figured what the heck, and pulled down one of my Silent Swade Hunting outfits (Cabelas) that I no longer use, put $50 on it and almost had a couple guys that came together get into a fight over them :lol:

Our goal was to sell the things that neigher of us use, or expect to use in the future. The key to selling, is certainly asking a price that people are willing and eager to pay. Had a number of people today that told us, we were the first garage sale that they'd been to ever, that the prices were marked to sell the items and fair, instead of trying to supplement an income. One more day and what ever is left, will be donated. There was certainly something in the air up here today, as when we opened up this morning, this place looked like Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts