Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yellow rods and big flies were the key to a quick limit of Kings this past weekend. You didn't even half to set the hook and they would have that fly right in the corner of the mouth every time..
Justin and Andy wanted to make sure we though an invite out to TC for the next outing, we even drove by his house the night before to see if he wanted to go...I sure wish you could of been there Hutch, even though it wasn't in a river (but very close to the mouth)we had the yellow rods a dancing all morning.
This could be you next time TC,

·
Registered
476 Posts
yellow rods and big flies were the key to a quick limit of kings this past weekend. You didn't even half to set the hook and they would have that fly right in the corner of the mouth every time..
Justin and andy wanted to make sure we though an invite out to tc for the next outing, we even drove by his house the night before to see if he wanted to go...i sure wish you could of been there hutch, even though it wasn't in a river (but very close to the mouth)we had the yellow rods a dancing all morning.
This could be you next time tc,

"now that is ******* funny shat right there"

·
Registered
649 Posts
I hope Crazy Larry didn't see you trolling outside the mouth scaring all the fish back out to the big lake. If it wasn't for you guys, the tubes would be on fire right now!!!!!

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
sweet, 'kin A that's hilarious

·
Registered
149 Posts
i would love to catch any size salmon or steelhead on a fly rod. the biggest trout i have cought to date was only around twenty two inches, and that was by my guesing. i do not have a dog in this hunt but firmly believe in leaga and sporting fishing.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Catching either a salmon or steelie on a fly rod is a blast, actually catching one in the river period is a blast. You should take some time when you can and make the drive up there in the fall, its something you'll do every year after you do it once. I'll be going up in November, dates undetermined at this point, but I look forward to it.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
Now that's a dandy pic there, Denny! Too bad I was in Hillsdale for the weekend or I would've been proud to join up for day of yellow rod todding. :lol:

·
Banned
322 Posts
I find it funny that a slob yellow rodder can at least afford a digital camera & have the mental capability of posting a picture or two on the internet.

Keep up the good work.... ;)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find it funny that a slob yellow rodder can at least afford a digital camera & have the mental capability of posting a picture or two on the internet.

Keep up the good work.... ;)
I bought the digital camera with all the money I saved buying yellow rods...As far as mental capability I had my son post the pictures, heck I started to type this reply a 5am, it's now almost 8:30am...:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts