Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the action for most of the season can be stated as spotty. Last week Friday I went 2/7 in about 3 hours. I had a blast. I went back Saturday and didn't get a bump. How's that for less than 24hrs.... I did see a few Steelies landed and one nice fresh King. On Monday I went after work for a couple hours and went 0/2 on Steel. I saw a couple steel landed and a decent King. The Kings seem to be tapering off and the steel seem to be trickling back in.
I'm going again tomorrow morning - I'm hoping we get a good blast of rain tonight. The forcast for next week looks miserable with cold weather, rain, and possibly snow - It's funny - I love it when I get a weather report like that. I look forward to that more than a Indian Summer kind of forecast.....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yeah, I believe a fresh king would be extremely lucky at this point. But the steelies are definitely picking up so focus your efforts on them. As [email protected] mentioned about the PM, there are definitely more steelhead around this year than there were at this time last year. Looks good for a decent fall/winter!
Good luck...Sid

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you get out this morning? I got a cold and didn't have the energy this morning. I'll hit it tomorrow if I have the strength.

It was pretty slow on Wednesday.

Last Saturday the only hook-ups were in the dark. I had a fresh king whoop me.

PM me if you don't want to report.

globug

·
Registered
117 Posts
Howdy!-
I did make it out this morning - you were probably the smart one - I was coughing my head off all morning. I didn't even get a bump - I dropped down to the center run to try my luck there and then Jim proceeded to land 2 nice steel at the dam. Between him and 2 other guys I think they had nearly 90% of the fish. Which was a round 4 or 5 fish. There was virtually nothing going on. I thought with the drizzle and the overcast it would have been a good day.

I was there last Saturday for a while too - I think you swung that King right over top of me at the dam - it was dark and I wasn't sure if it was you. Did he run you down the center run? I lost track of you after that. I think I saw you walking out with Jim later on though. I may try tomorrow afternoon, possibly Monday night but Daylights saving time puts dusk at about 6:15.

I plan on Saturday - shoudl be good for steel then with the cold and rain coming.

Mr. Tipper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts