Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck pier fishing at the river mouths of the Grand lately? How about any of the other Lake Michigan piers?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
The mouth of the St Joe was nothing but ice flows Sun. Don't see how anyone could possibly fish there. Don't know about the grand. But I would bet it ain't much better. All it takes is a good Feb. thaw, to flush the ice right out though. Thats what I'm hoping for!

------------------
Phish

·
Administrator
35,951 Posts
You might have to put an extra 10 feet of line on just to get down to the water the way the water levels are going.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Until the St.Joe Pier Heads thaw, I'll be down at the B Springs dam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think most of the pier heads are iced in now, but have you tried fishing for them through the ice, its a blast. Lexington harbor is a good place to fish for them, and there are a few hitting, but not real good , it should get better as time goes on. use tear drops and wax worms, wigglers or minnows. fish about 4 inches of the bottom. also sanilac can be good too. more chances of catching browns here. and there plenty of ice no also.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
How does one fish through the ice from the pierheads? Do you drill a regular ice fishing hole? I never thought of trying that one. Tell me how and maybe I'll give it a try this year.

Ben

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by outfortrout:
Has anyone had any luck pier fishing at the river mouths of the Grand lately? How about any of the other Lake Michigan piers?
franfort is still iced in but not for long.no action on piers yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts