Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im starting to see guys down at the dam now and just wondering if the salmon are there at the fish later now? ive fished there once but im not sure how to fish there and there are lots of holes in the river. just wondering what is the best technique and is the fishing the best by the dam or in down stream where the holes are? i see guys throwing crankbaits and spoons alot to. is that a good method or is bumping the bottom with a fly a better method

·
Registered
591 Posts
i like to run spawn under a bobber.... if u don't have any spawn i would run yarn balls are egg patterns under a bobber... but some guys swear by cranks and spoons.... if u say u run anything but cranks spoons or anything fly without a bobber be prepared to be called a "liner" or "snagger" by the sw river police on this forum

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Here's my recipe:

Nickel size spawn bag, #8 egg hook, 24-36 inches of leader, 3/8 or 1/2 oz. slip sinker or slinky, and a bead between the weight and barrel to keep the knot safe.

I use this rig in the boils for salmon and steel, and no, except for the rare ass-hook, no fish are lined or snagged.

BTW, I did see a couple fish on the string yesterday. A male king, a hen skam, (I assume it was a skam) and a couple of smallish jack sized fish. There were two guys sharing the stringer.

See you in a week or so,

Sid

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Here's my recipe:

There were two guys sharing the stringer.

Sid
Good way to get cited for poaching over the limit. Don't do that guys. No way for the DNR to tell how many you caught vs the other guy, so he must assume since you are in possession that they are all yours. Seen it happen alot.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Good way to get cited for poaching over the limit. Don't do that guys. No way for the DNR to tell how many you caught vs the other guy, so he must assume since you are in possession that they are all yours. Seen it happen alot.
Where?? I've been checked more than once with a cooler full of fish over a one man limit and nothing has ever been said since I was sharing the cooler with another fisherman.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Heres my method. Tie on a #2 sized treble. Under that about 12 inches tie on a 5/8 oz weight. Cast it out and drift it till you feel a bump, set the hook and reel in. Catch alot of salmon that way.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Heres my method. Tie on a #2 sized treble. Under that about 12 inches tie on a 5/8 oz weight. Cast it out and drift it till you feel a bump, set the hook and reel in. Catch alot of salmon that way.

HAHA that's the best. You should check out some michigan spiders too, salmon love those things. I think they sell them up in Wellston.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
HAHA that's the best. You should check out some michigan spiders too, salmon love those things. I think they sell them up in Wellston.
No no no you guys have it all wrong. The hot lure in the wellston are turk's ticklers!!!!!!!!! Those kings loooooove the blue stripe!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Why does it always have to come to this?:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts