Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, went out yesterday right afterh the storms rolled through, We droped our lines in at about 78' and we got 2 10 color out the 2 dipsys out, as soon as I droped the 1st downrigger, no sooner had I turned to grab the pole for the next one, we had our 1st of 8 fish on, it was a 20lb king. We laned 6 of the 8 we had on. Had a clip in a downrigger that would not release for some reason 2x. Anyway we were on a southern troll and zigzaged in and out of 79 to 85' and all the fish we took were at 79 to 80. Most were taken on monkey puke or green, or lemon ice.

I am planning to go back out on Monday AM ealry any other updates would be great, see you all soon on the lake.

·
Registered
680 Posts
We layed down in 150' of water NW of the pierheads, trolled out and around to 220' or so and back to the 150' mark. 1 small shaker and 1 release on the downrigger. Nothing was working for us. Sounds like people are having more luck in the 80-100' area.

·
Registered
345 Posts
We waited for the so called storms to move through on Saturday am. Set lines around 10:30 south, at 73 foot of water. Noticed immediately that the guy running next to us in the sylvan hard top had a fish on. So I was encouraged. Set one rigger and was getting ready to set the other and the rigger fired. Nice 10 lb king on a green dolphin 40 down. Thought maybe we were going to be into some fish. But only picked up one other king. 6 lbs in 81 foot of water same rigger same spoon same depth. Lake flattened out and we got rained on a bit. Only were out for 3 hours so, 2 for 2 aint to bad I guess. Being a weekend warrior, this year has been a bit of a struggle for me. Seems like the lake is great all week then we get a big blow or Heavy east winds for the weekend. I still think the best is yest to come!!!??? Going to try to go out again on Monday am with the Wife and kids, should be interesting. Would be nice to get into some fish to keep the boys entertained..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope the best is yet to come. We are heading out in a few hours as well to get in the hunt. Hope to do as well as last week. I figured that between Tuesday and Saturday we caught over 100lb of fish. I have some on the smoker as we speak. Hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to pray for our troups both here and overseas af for without them we would have the luxory of fishing and having fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts