Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday AM and droped our lines at about 75' of watter. As soon as we hit 80' we hit one at 65' down on Monkey Puke. Made a turn headed out hit another at 85 on the same downrigger. Then hit one on a fly on the leadcore turned around as we got to 90' and when we got in the 80' again hit 2 more. We wer 6 for 10 yesrerday. All Kings the fish is on and hopefuly moving in a little it was nice only burning up 1/4 tank of gas and not going out 16 miles. By the time we headed in there was barley a ripple on the lake. Could not have been a better day out there excpt if we limited out. But no complaints on 3 gallons of kings in the fridge and on the grill.

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Thanks for the report. I noticed the charter fleet fishing in front of the piers on the webcam in Grand Haven this morning too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice Report, I will be out Friday am. Was thinking of heading out to 180, my buddy tore them out out there on Saturday. We fished 85-95 last saturday and were only 2 for 3 Kings 4-5lbs top 25 foot of water. 5 colors and pin bait (fixed slider). Another friend of mine was 24for 27 out of New Buffalo last Friday and saturday in 80-90 foot. He set up on them friday and was back on them saturday am. Nice mixed bag. Again all top 25 foot. Glad to here I might not have to make the long run.
What was your surface temp?????
Thanks
Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.