Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the river with my brother and one of his buddies. Met them at the mouth, not a thing going on their. Went to another spot. About dark i started to mark fish, but most would just come in for a look see, and that was that. I iced one nice female with a big ole pot belly, and one small male. The male I had no choice in keeping him, to small. But the female was legal, but I opted to put her back.

That's about it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Going to fish there Saturday.Has anyone done anything in that area?We caught 7 there earlier in the year in about 3 days of fishing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Plan on being at the mouth or Essexville with my son on Sat. Have not made up my mind yet. Have been fishig the z-bridge area because it is an easy place for me to get to quickly. Problem is I have not scored there. All under sized. With this warm water run off we could see a fresh run start. Sat might be a bit to early but I fish when I have a break in duties!!! As the weather warms I have done well at the mouth in the past, moving in or out until you find them. Last year we were chased off the river by a tug heading out into the bay!! That ended the fishing there in a hurry. Will be on channel 14 or 7 if anyone wants to give me a shout. Will be glad to let anyone know how I am doing. Dream Catcher

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got skunked last night north of Z-bridge. First time on the river this year. I didn't see anyone else have a fish on the ice either. but it was nice to get out. I did mark a few fish on the super 60 flasher that I finally got working again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts