Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me some good places to go on the Saginaw river to get on the walleye. I usually go to Ojibway but haven’t been doing any good

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can tell you bay city is dinkville, pickle park dink city and sounds like z villa is as well.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Anyone catching any keepers up around Melbourne rd, north of the Z-Bridge? My brother-in-law is coming home on Covid leave for about a week. Wants to catch a few fish. Doesn't matter the size. Just wants to set on the ice and B.S. and catch a few. It's pretty strange to hear the millitery makes him go home for 15 days before he has to go to another station. Thanks

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
me an two other buddies started fishing these walleye back in the winter of 76-77 an there was no other people on the titt. river or the saginaw river. back then we caught keepers an i just can't get into fishing all day for 3 11-12'' walleye a may be a keeper that's 13 1/2''. walleye suck in the river now.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
me an two other buddies started fishing these walleye back in the winter of 76-77 an there was no other people on the titt. river or the saginaw river. back then we caught keepers an i just can't get into fishing all day for 3 11-12'' walleye a may be a keeper that's 13 1/2''. walleye suck in the river now.
your 100% right, they did not even look the same, big bodies and small heads back then.people don't realixe there was walleye in the tibb before the dny ever even planted any.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Anyone catching any keepers up around Melbourne rd, north of the Z-Bridge? My brother-in-law is coming home on Covid leave for about a week. Wants to catch a few fish. Doesn't matter the size. Just wants to set on the ice and B.S. and catch a few. It's pretty strange to hear the millitery makes him go home for 15 days before he has to go to another station. Thanks
Ron,from my understanding, there are more keepers moving in or at least feeding..(shad might be done).. give it a try,and if you can't get a keeper,change it up and have a "smallest walleye" contest with him.. enjoy the laughs..

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What area of the river is called hog alley

Sent from my moto e6 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I believe it's the stretch from pickle park to the turn around.. seems everyone has their own opinion.. me personally,I believe it's the section of midland street by "cops n doughnuts ".. at least it is around 1:30-2:00am..

1 - 20 of 260 Posts