Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me the ice conditions, hopeing to get some jigging in before the 15th closing? also, a phone number of an area bait shop would be nice. I understand that Woody's ( I believe was the name) went out of buisness. The triangular building baitshop just off M-46 Thanks in advance MUCKETT

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Actually, woodys is open for the remainder of the ice season. Monday found me and riverboy fishing here in town. Guessing maybe 8"- 1' of ice. Some reports of poeple going through, and thin ice in spots, has me thinking of puting my ice fishing gear away and bringing out the steelheading gear. Good luck, and be careful.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
This don't have anything to do the Saginaw River itself, but Monday when I went through Freeland on my way to Midland the Tibby was wide open. Some ice flow, but not too bad. Just a FYI for ya.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
How high was the water on the Tibb. Did it look fishable with the boat this weekend Flyrod. Thanks Baydog

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Ah, not real sure about towards DOW more, but today going over the Tibby on freeland rd it was froze over. I would have to say the upper strech by the boat launch should be good to go, not 100% certain though. I just went by their a little bit ago, but couldn't tell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I was hopeing, wishful thinking eh, that the ice was ready to break up and I could fish by a boat. I'm not an ice fishermen and I wanted to get the rust out of the shoulders. Maybe by the 12th thinks will look better

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would say that boat fishing is a go at the cauldwell launch in Midland - there's been boats in there but I'm not one of them - so nothing to report. If you're OK without the dock - the water level and clarity look good.

lobo1

·
Registered
882 Posts
I am looking forward to busting out the boat to, so if any of you locals can lets us know when the river opens up I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
324 Posts
R & R Bait & Tackle 989-781-5002...Ron Shumacker owner...has minnows three sizes...spot tail shiners...good selection of jigs and hooks...thats about it....a couple cranks and a lot of lead items...

Went by Imerman park today...the ice was begining to turn into slurpe material...a lot of wet spots on top with a few puncture holes....the west side looked like it was open about 4 ft wide along the rocks...up near midland got word that by the railroad bridge the water is completely open...so i would assume you could fish below the dam quite a ways down.

Looks like 1 week to 2 weeks before we can fish the tib...dont know if it will make it before the season closes...

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Them water levels I don't believe will be down anytime very soon. Rain, thaw etc.

Whale:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts