Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there public parking for the turn around or KFC? Fished north of the Z bridge and caught 4 dinks and one 14". Would like to try some where else but don't know where to park. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,857 Posts
I went there first this morning. There was water on the ice along the edge, quite a ways out. Did not look good around the ladder.

We went to the Z bridge.

·
Registered
618 Posts
am thinking about a saginaw river bay city trip and was wondering if any one was headed that way and would like to coordinate. I have fished the bay to some extent with good sucess but would like to improve my skills on the river ( also i am without quad / snowmobile this year). If anyone is interested I am intending on going both Sat am and pm. I have posted under a different name and have visited the sight regularily for two years it would be good to meet some of the people who's exploits I have been following. Please e-mail me. Ps Minnows will be on me I think in exchange for some good river advice

[email protected]

·
Registered
546 Posts
Kingfisher,

How did you do this morning at the Z bridge??

Still small fish?

Went out there last Saturday from 7 to 11 am. We caught 15 walleye, Not a keeper in the bunch. Fun none the less.

How's the ice conditions?? It was a little shakey last weekend.

Good Luck / Be Safe!!

·
Registered
11,857 Posts
No fish, not even a bump. Same thing with my buddy yesterday. He said he talked with a DNR officer and it was the same all over.

I was surprised also. Last weekend you could not keep the small fish off the hooks.

The bay is hit or miss also.

Fish are getting caught, just not much for size yet.

Either the small fish have moved up or they got lockjaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts