Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I've been following this website for quite a while and finally joined to get involved. I wanted to know how you guys have been doing with walleyes on the river this past week. I'm not looking for fishing spots or what to use like every other new person that joins the site. I just wanted to know how its been, we went out of Cass Ave. last night and didn't pick up anything, the water still seemed a bit muddy for me. Let me know how its been going.....:confused:

Thanks,

BrandoBass

·
Premium Member
30,117 Posts
Fished last night with "BCFISH" in Bay city. We got our limit from shore:D. Biggest he caught was about 8lbs., anymore like that will go back. Others averaged 3lbs. clown husky no.14 for a couple hours after dark.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Good job Ralph.

Going to fish the converge with Kelly tomorrow. Will post if we have any luck.
Larry

·
Premium Member
30,117 Posts
Good job Ralph.

Going to fish the converge with Kelly tomorrow. Will post if we have any luck.
Larry
I know them perch are where we were, but have to finish a deer tomarrow. Hopefully during week I can get on them once, then off to Tawas for whities atleast a couple days next week I hope:D.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I know them perch are where we were, but have to finish a deer tomarrow. Hopefully during week I can get on them once, then off to Tawas for whities atleast a couple days next week I hope:D.
Are the perch in the Sag. now? I'd love to take my 10 year old. We hit the river for walleyes last Sun. but he has a hard time with that. He did catch one. We ended up with 11. (4 keepers) 1 smallmouth.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are the perch in the Sag. now? I'd love to take my 10 year old. We hit the river for walleyes last Sun. but he has a hard time with that. He did catch one. We ended up with 11. (4 keepers) 1 smallmouth.
If you want to get some perch from shore go to Smith park in Essexville, it will be good for the boy.They have a playground so if he gets a little bored..But I have fished there for the last 5 days and filled my freezer with all 10+ inchers.....Hope I could help....GL

A little hint go to the last concrete bench towards the rock dock...

·
Premium Member
30,117 Posts
Just curious as to what type of rig you would use for this?
Slip bobber and jig?
perch rigs, or crappie rigs for perch. I like pink or orange beads. Size 6 is an overall good hook. Lightest sinker you can get away with and keep on bottom. You can also in clear water tie your own 1 hook rigs with lighter line and gold aberdeen hook.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We fished the river yesterday for 1.5 hours after work. We caught one 21incher and several short walleyes. We also saw some guys catching decent numbers of perch. River conditions are good and it looks like it's going to be a great weekend to fish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ralph Smith, thinking about making a trip to the river this weekend. What were you using to catch those walleyes? Nice batch of fish. Where were you fishing? Any help would be an extremely helpfull, thank you

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Ralph Smith, thinking about making a trip to the river this weekend. What were you using to catch those walleyes? Nice batch of fish. Where were you fishing? Any help would be an extremely helpfull, thank you
I know the answers......He was using a fishing pole to catch the fish and he caught them in the river. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
perch rigs, or crappie rigs for perch. I like pink or orange beads. Size 6 is an overall good hook. Lightest sinker you can get away with and keep on bottom. You can also in clear water tie your own 1 hook rigs with lighter line and gold aberdeen hook.

How yah doing Ralph...
Thanks for the info, can you cast a perch rig and fish it from shore?

·
Premium Member
30,117 Posts
I know the answers......He was using a fishing pole to catch the fish and he caught them in the river. :lol::lol::lol:
Yep, thats it:lol: I did have a line with lure attached at end.:p

husky jerks have seemed to be best, no.10 in perch pattern or clown. At night in river in Bay City. The fish feed up top, anywhere lit up along the water could be good. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Your just in time, the fishing starting to get good, your going to hear some good report's, and this site is for sure going to crack you up a time or to also. We hit the Saginaw River the other day and did not do very well, all small one's, fourteen of them. It's comeing soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts