Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the fishing in the Saginaw river been this week. If you were catching them when, where and with what. Thanks Ripper

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
i don't know if they are catchin them..but they darn sure fishin for em! drove up to bay city today..plenty of boats there(the city proper) and crossing the zilwaukee bridge,there must have 20 boats on the river southwest of the zil!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fished on Friday ,a lot of boats we saw a few keepers landed maybe 6-7 all day. We put 1 20 incher in the boat . Also pulled in one that had pea sized
growths all over the fish:yikes: He did not go my livewell.
Water dirty 6 inches of visablity. and fast .

BITEME

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Did ok today. Fished with Chamookman and Riverboy. Less than a handful of keepers and a bunch of dinks. lots of bites, lots of boats, lots of action, saw some decent stringers of smallish fish, and some anglers cursing when the big one got off. Fish are in good, but not a lot of big ones. 1/2oz bubble gum fireballs, water has 10'' vis.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Fished the river from 3 to 7 this afternoon. 8 or 9 fish landed, 6 keepers between two of us. There are a ton of small fish in the system right now. We must have missed 20 to 30 fish but I'm having a fish sandwich tonight so I'm happy :lol: :D ...............Patch

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My dad fished from 8 am to 3pm Saturday.He cought 25 walleye and kept his limit,also swapped out bigger for smaller.A buddy went today and cought 12 fish 5 being big enough to keep..

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I started out with 3/8 oz leadheads and minnows and missed a absolute ton of fish. I switched over to chartruse and white #5 jigging raps and started killing 'em............Patch

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Hey patch, as many of us as were out there we shoulda had radios on or cell phones? Probably passed you guys at one point during the day.

Edit: This is post 2000 for me.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I had my radio with me and tried calling a few times with no answer.

CONGRATS on 2000 buddy!!!!..........................Patch

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
thanks for the boat ride saturday Scotty!! Had a great time!!! Congrats on the big 2000!

My buddy borrowed his B-I-L's boat on Sunday. We waited the rain out and launched around 2pm from Lee St.. The current had picked up from Saturday and visiblity was down to about 6 inches. Not many boats either. We made the same drifts as we did Saturday, had 2 hits or so and that was it. Seen no fish caught. Still better than sitting home.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
scottyhoover said:
Hey patch, as many of us as were out there we shoulda had radios on or cell phones? Probably passed you guys at one point during the day.

Edit: This is post 2000 for me.
Way to go on post 2000 Scotty.
I was thinking on going to the Sag. river today, looked at the Flint river yesterday and said to myself (not today maybe Wed. or Fri.) got to let that dirty water get out of there. Hope to go again before the shiver gets over with. Maybe this rain will moved some new fish inthe river.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've got some buds coming in from Detroit area to fish the river, where can the get minnows on the East side of town before hitting the Rust Street launch?

Is Woody;s Bait really open, If so does anyone have a land line # for him?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Woodys is open, I've driven by there in the last week and have seen people coming out, and they have a big sign on the front of the building saying
open, and with current info...I just tried information to get the phone number and there is no listing according to the operator...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wasn't there also a Bait shop that was going to be selling bait from a trailer at one of the ramps during the Shiver contest? If so, does anyone know what ramp he is operating out of ?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Woodys is now called Birdmans... he gives you a good count also... not sure if he has a phone there...Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't waste your time coming to the Saginaw River. Drove down to Rust St this afternoon and the docks are under water and not a sole in site. The water is really moving and extremely dirty. No fish caught in 3 days now on the river.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Lee street launch ramps also underwater.Center street bridge boat launch you cant get into the parking lot it is flooded.My buddie told me some of the bouies in the shipping channel that are normally about 5-6 ft. out of water are only about 1 ft. above now..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts