Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bean tower was on fire today, me and my buddy went about 10 for 17, but only two fish were keepers!!! We set up camp around 1pm right out in front of the Bean, and within 10 minutes I caught our biggest fish of the day, a plump 21 incher. After that, we did not have a tap until around 3:30 pm. Between 3:30 and dark, we caught several fish. I did catch another around 20 inches, and my buddy caught one that according to the tape was right on 15 inches, but it wasnt worth risking a ticket. The rest of the fish were between 8 and 14 inches. All fish were taken on a silver cicada, but other fishermen were catching numbers of fish on leadheads as well as jigging rapalas. Here are the pics:

The two biggest, 20 and 21 inches.

The same two fish right before we left, with me for perspective.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good Job Art!! Glad to see a couple bigger ones on the ice. Maybe they are going to start showing up a little more. Kakis again eh? You're NUTS!!:eek: :D I'll probably be going up sunday.....Patch

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Thanks for the updates! As a married ,working man i have little time to enjoy the great outdoors and stories like yours brighten up these winter blues!:cool: :D

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nice fish Art
Hit wicks this morning with the whale.We ended up with 3 over 15" (17,19 1/2,16)with 1 15" that got tossed back(to close for me).Plenty of hits but kept missing them untill I put on a stinger.All fish caught on rattle spoons.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Good deal Art ! Love to hear it when M-S'ers have a good trip out. Hoffie1's reply is updated with a report I gave. We had a great trip out ourselves Sat. am. Hope to meet up with you on the ice somewhere sometime soon.

:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts