Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish'd the Bean Tower again in the same spot as last night. Didn't keep track tonight, as they were all small fish, with one or two pushing the 15" mark. All fish came on my secret lure. SHHHHHHH :D Same colors as last night. Had one small walleye follow my jig with minnow all the way up to the hole. That was the only one to bother with my jig and minnow. However, the bite was slower than last night. The current was also slower, and looked like it had cleared up a little bit. Didn't check ice again. Look's to be in the 7" range or more.

Oh. Hey Scott, did you get to Z bridge tonight? If so, how was the ice and did ya get anything?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I thought that was supposed to be some type of double secret never let anybody know and go to your grave without telling anyone but your very best fishing budy type of lure. :p

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I saw it! I saw it! Oh yea , I already knew about it! :p :D :eek: !! Hopefully the big ones will be in soon!......Patch

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fished a different spot in one of my favorite areas tonight. Only landed one that was just under 15". I lost two nicer fish, one probably in the 7 lb + class. Had it on the Shiver on the River entry lure, believe it or not. Won't be out tomorrow, but will hopefully be back on Saturday. Good luck everyone, the biggins are moving in.
Adam

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wasn't that the lure that was all the rage last year on the river??

I believe Patcheroo started the whole craze!!

If that's the case.........I have some toooooooo!! In a assortment of color's........just not sure when I can go.......But when I dooooo....I'm gonna use 'em;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Can someone PM me the lure? I grew up there but live in Lansing area now. Plan on being out tommorrow for the contest. I probably don't have one in my box anyway, But just in case....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
J rock I would tell ya but you would have to empty your PM's!!

Flyrod
Yep I fished Z-Vill, got 5 no keepers. All on the secret lure except one came on the shiver lure. About 6 inches of ice and it was making ice!!!

Tkpolska (sp?) was the one who brought up the secret lure last year!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah its a good one and easy to use. You don't even have to get wet hands from handling the minnows, now if the big ones would just move in.
I think I am going to try fishing the bay next tuesday if the weather permitts if not the bay I will be on the river.

Tim

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have used that lure all 3 times out without a hit.All my fish have come on the shiver lure.TK proved to me that the c does work great but not for me yet.:rolleyes:

hoffie

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL highpowered,

tubejig :eek: :eek:

So far, all of my fish have came on that one lure. Oh, one small 'eye on a black n gold jiggin rap. I think that it is becoming my favorite lure for Walleye.

I will be out in the morning. Probaly fish the Bean Tower again, but in a different spot. Or I will be at Hooters. Good luck to all who has entered the Shiver On The River Contest, or if you are just out their for a meal or two :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I can't take credit for it! TK brought it to one of the outings last year and put us all to shame;) :D .....Patch

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I do have a secret lure though!;) A few here saw me use it last year. The only problem is that they also saw me catch one on it too!!:eek: .....Patch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts