Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of going out tomorrow for the evening bite. Any ice reports for the river between buoy 69( north of z bridge) and wickes park would be greatly appreciated. Was out Friday near hog alley and found myself and a buddy standing on about 3 inches of ice... we didn't stick around.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sounds like you were in the area where the current swirls just north of the bridge, or near Melbourne rd. Both areas have cross currents that do tricky things with the ice. I havent seen 3 inches on the river in weeks! I usually head north a bit more than the area your asking about. Did fish north end of wickes last weekend for an evening. Was approx 10 inches where I drilled.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would love to see a map of exactly where this thin ice area is. I fished between the green Navigational Buoy and the z-bridge (aka just north of the bridge) last weekend (Jan 23 and 24) and everywhere I drilled was 7-8 inches.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I plan to head up this weekend - going to use the Zilwaukee bridge access site and fish in that general area. I am not going to wonder to far up and down the river as I have never fished the river in the winter time. How is the ice south of the bridge?

·
Registered
721 Posts
How is the snow on the ice? Talking Bay City area. Did it blow off? Hate dragging my shanty through snow. Clean ice with creepers and ski poles make it a cinch.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I drove over the vets bridge and it had snow on the ice not sure how deep but it was all white down there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts