Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fishing on the bay seems to be going. Getting some facts in still not confirmed, But the river is not the place you want to be if you don't like company, Went across the Zilwakee and looking down the river it was ice hut's as far as you could see. Now that's with Shiver-On-The-River in full swing, which is over now I beleive.
Also getting some pretty good sourses whoclaim that the Linwood area of the bay is giving up some good fish from the area known as the Black Hole appox. 4mi.out Pimples and Rapalas are getting the credit for these reports.
Ice on both the river and bay is good todate but as always take your hand held VHF just in case.
Also as I've seen all to many times in the past you don't need anchor rope to fishWalleye"s, 6# or 8# test is all that is needed to handle the biggest of the big and you will get more hits for it also.

Get Out There, Good Luck Wayne

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
I think the black hole is closer to 5 miles out of Linwood, at least that's what the loran on my boat read. I would also caution anybody heading out on the bay to BE CAREFUL. Every year someone gets picked off an ice flow by the Coast Guard. Another good thing to carry is a GPS unit. Not only can a good fishing spot be marked, it might save you a lot of time getting off the ice if the visability gets bad.

Steve B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts