Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done talking to a buddy and he said that a guy fell threw the river North of the Z-Bridge in the ship turn around. There is bad ice in that area guys so be careful. Tonight there was about 7in of ice in downtown saginaw along with a few eyes caught.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy almost didnt make it out but ended up all right. I was fishing around the Hooters area.

·
Registered
546 Posts
The ice is spotty. Fished there on Saturday. Only about 3.5" of ice. First inch was soft. There was a guy that went through the ice about 20 yards in front of us. He went up to his waste. He got out and is fine. We talked to him for a moment to make sure he was ok.

There were quite a few people out there.

Use a spud. Be careful.

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
All the snow on the ice is not helping. We fished by Ojibway Saturday night. I will say that was the thinnest ice I have ever fished on the river. Makes me a little nervous when you know if you go below the ice with that current you won't come up your hole.

I am going to hit the bay from now on. I got some decent reports from some fishing buddies. I feel safer there as long as the wind doe not blow.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was going to head up there but I'll wait until there is a little more ice. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was thinking about heading out there tomorrow any suggestions? Also wondering where to sign up for Shiver contest? :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I fished north of zilwalkie sunday right on the edge of the canal. there were holes all around but none out in the middle of the canal the ice was about 4or 5". there were no tracksin the middle of the canal and i wasnt going to walk out to find out. we caught 3 fish all to small to keep. there was probably10 to 15 guys by me at day break.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
From the RR bridge into downtown was good yesterday..Lots of people downtown but I am not sure where they were parking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts