Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go after some trophy pike on the bay sometime over the next few weeks. Does anybody have any location info? I have heard lots of spearing talk, but I am more interested in tip up fishing for them.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It has been real slow on pike this year. Heard Vanderbilt is slow and I know personally mud creek had little pike activity so far.

·
Super Moderator
35,104 Posts
Not spearing, but a walk to the hot ponds from the end of Jones Rx for some casting can result in some giants. I've caught up to 40" out there and other guys I talked to claimed to have caught larger. You cannot get close enough here to use Tip Ups. Ice is BAD BAD BAD

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'm looking to go after some trophy pike on the bay sometime over the next few weeks. Does anybody have any location info? I have heard lots of spearing talk, but I am more interested in tip up fishing for them.
Marinas at the mouth hold some beast

·
Registered
279 Posts
There have been some big pile at the mouth of the kawkawlin lately. I haven't been fishing for them but they cruised through my holes when I was fishing the lagoon mouth. If you get into them let me know how you got them to bite. I'm thinking waxies and teardrops aren't the answer.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Get yourself a spear and bite them.

Posted from Michigan-sportsman.com App for Android

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. I have heard stories of some big girls from the hot ponds and may have to try it. The mouths of some of the rivers and marinas also sound like some good places to start. I would think the spawners should start staging in the shallows as late ice approaches in a couple weeks, so I will have to give it a shot!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I have heard stories of some big girls from the hot ponds and may have to try it. The mouths of some of the rivers and marinas also sound like some good places to start. I would think the spawners should start staging in the shallows as late ice approaches in a couple weeks, so I will have to give it a shot!

Late ice, we just got ice. Its still january

·
gone fishin
1,358 Posts
Last two weeks of the season can be awesome if the ice holds I've speared some nice northerns in some areas mentioned Sharpen that spear good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts